Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sex & Science of Color in Your Home

Welcome to my blog!  I love researching, writing, illustrating, explaining everything that has to do with interior design. I'm passionate about it. While consulting with homeowners, I almost always incorporate an educational component so that it all makes sense to them. My monthly newsletters that I send only to my clients and vendors have gotten such great feedback that I thought I'd begin to post them in a forum that can be found more easily, the blog!

The blogs I find the most compelling are from professionals who are truly passionate about their subject matter - they find inspiration in the most unusual things and places. This is the most exciting element of this media form, I think - sharing the personal, intimate experiences that make a professional truly great at what they do. What a great learning tool!

One of the design elements that I'm most obsessed with is color...on the walls, in fabrics, on the objects that surround you, how they interact with each other and the mood they create.  It's the very first thing you see when you look at something.  Perhaps even before you can identify an object you note its color, consciously or subconsciously.  So this blog is dedicated to design with an emphasis on color and the role it plays in making your house a home.

Enjoy these postings as I share my passion with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment